Stuffed Potato Ghosts Recipe
These hearty and yummy treats are easier to make than a normal stuffed potato and are a perfect appetizer. The fingerlings are so small and tender that they’ll disappear in a flash!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 1 large baking potato
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 7 thin slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped ripe olives
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. Bake fingerling potatoes at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until tender; set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, pierce baking potato several times with a fork. Microwave for 6-7 minutes or until tender. Cut in half and scoop out pulp; discard shell. Place pulp in a small bowl; mash. Stir in the sour cream, cream cheese, butter, salt and pepper until smooth.
- 3. Cut each fingerling in half lengthwise. Spoon about 1 tablespoon mashed potato mixture over each potato half. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- 4. Cut each cheese slice into six rectangles; place one on each stuffed potato. (Save remaining cheese for another use.) Bake at 350° for 10-11 minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes are heated through. Position olives and green onions on each for eyes and mouths. Yield: 40 appetizers.
1 each: 48 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (trace sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Stuffed Potato Ghosts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC