Stuffed Portobellos Recipe
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (about 5 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup golden raisins, optional
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1. Remove stems from mushrooms (discard or save for another use); set caps aside. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs, walnuts, onion, raisins if desired, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir in egg and broth until blended.
- 2. Spoon into mushroom caps; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 stuffed portobello (calculated without raisins) equals 221 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.