- 4 large portobello mushrooms (about 5 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup golden raisins, optional
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- Remove stems from mushrooms (discard or save for another use); set caps aside. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs, walnuts, onion, raisins if desired, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir in egg and broth until blended.
- Spoon into mushroom caps; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Stuffed Portobellos
"I loved this recipe. It was so easy to fix and the taste was fantastic. I didn't have any raisin or vegetable broth. Used chicken broth and worked just fine. Used dried Italian bread crumbs because that's all I had. Can't wait to make these again."
"This had too much of a walnut flavor for my husband, but I liked it. I didn't have the raisins in it, because hubby doesn't like it. However after being heated up the next day I noticed the walnut flavor wasn't as overwhelming. Next time I will divide the stuffing mixture. Half will have no walnuts, and probably some bacon (for my husband), the other half will have walnuts and raisins."
"Very easy and tasty. Heated up well the next day."
"This was really good. I did change it up though. I used crushed flavored croutons and half bread crumbs, I also combined the walnuts, onions, added crushed garlic and cut up the stems of the portobellos and sauted it with chicken broth for about 5-10 minutes, then combined everything. I put roasted tomato on top of one, they were all really good."
"Very good and easy. "Just delicious! Outstanding"-- rating from my husband."