Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
This meaty mushroom creates a perfect marriage with creamy goat cheese. For a savory variation, try feta or herbed cream cheese.
Mike Bass, Alvin, Texas
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 medium portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 6 tablespoons roasted sweet red peppers strips
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Remove stems from mushrooms (discard or save for another use). Place
- mushroom caps on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; fill each with a
- rounded teaspoonful of goat cheese. Top each with 1 tablespoon red
- pepper strips. Sprinkle with pepper; drizzle with oil.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and
- cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.