- set aside. Strain soaking liquid through a fine mesh strainer,
- reserving 2/3 cup.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until
- sausage is no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon. Remove
- drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons. Saute 4 cups shiitake mushrooms
- in reserved drippings until tender.
- Add rosemary, sage, porcini mushrooms and 1/3 cup mushroom soaking
- liquid; cook 2 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Remove from
- the heat; stir in the bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons parsley and
- Preheat oven to 425°. Make a lengthwise slit down the center of
- each tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open so meat lies flat.
- Cover with plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-in. to 1/2-in. thickness.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Spoon half of the stuffing down center of each tenderloin. Close
- roasts; tie several times with kitchen string and secure ends with
- toothpicks. Sprinkle each roast with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4
- teaspoon pepper.
- Place tenderloins on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake,
- uncovered, 35-45 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork
- reads 160°. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute remaining shiitake mushrooms in
- butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended.
- Gradually add broth and remaining 1/3 cup mushroom soaking liquid.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in
- remaining parsley, salt and pepper. Serve with pork. Yield: 8
- servings (2 cups sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 2 slices stuffed pork with 1/4 cup sauce equals 367 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 938 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.