These taste-tempting slices of pork tenderloin are marinated overnight, then filled with a flavorful apple stuffing. For a simple side dish, prepare steamed broccoli with lemon or garlic brussels sprouts. To complete the meal, serve pumpkin pie with whipped topping or warm apple crisp with ice cream.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Recommended: Top 10 Grilled Pork Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1/2 pound each)
- 1/2 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook and stir until the jelly is melted; cover and refrigerate 4-1/2 teaspoons.
- Slice each tenderloin lengthwise to within 1/2 in. of the bottom. Place in a large resealable plastic bag. Add remaining jelly mixture. Seal and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Place meat in a 9-in. square baking dish; discard marinade. In a bowl, combine apple, bread crumbs, celery, pecans and reserved jelly mixture. Spoon apple mixture down the center of tenderloins; secure with toothpicks. Drizzle with apple juice.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Pork Tenderloin in Quick Cooking December 2000, p42
Reviews forStuffed Pork Tenderloin
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 5, 2014
"will try this but 2 tenderloins makes 2 servings???"
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2012
"Yes, this is just so good!"
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2010
"I made this for Easter dinner and the family loved it. Deeeelicious!"