- walnuts, egg, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the roast to within 1/2 in.
- of bottom. Open roast so it lies flat. Starting at the center, split
- each half of roast horizontally to within 1/2 in. of edge. Open
- halves so roast lies flat. Cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to
- 1/2-in. thickness. Remove plastic.
- Brush roast with apple butter; spoon sausage mixture over the top.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Tie with
- kitchen string at 2-in. intervals. Place on a rack in a shallow
- baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads
- 145°. Let stand 10-15 minutes before slicing. In a small
- saucepan, heat the sauce ingredients until smooth. Serve with roast.
- Yield: 12 servings (1-1/4 cups sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked pork with 5 teaspoons sauce equals 351 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.