Stuffed Pork Loin with Currant Sauce Recipe
This is a great entree to serve any time of year, but especially around the holidays. It looks so pretty with the red Currant Sauce and garnished with fresh parsley. —Gloria Bradley, Naperville, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing YIELD:12 servings
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/3 cup apple butter
- 1 cup red currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dried currants
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place walnuts in a food processor; cover and process until ground. Set aside.
- 2. Cook sausage, apple and garlic over medium heat in a large skillet until meat is no longer pink. Drain; cool slightly. Stir in ground walnuts, egg, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 3. Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the roast to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open roast so it lies flat. Starting at the center, split each half of roast horizontally to within 1/2 in. of edge. Open halves so roast lies flat. Cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Remove plastic.
- 4. Brush roast with apple butter; spoon sausage mixture over the top. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Tie with kitchen string at 2-in. intervals. Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
- 5. Bake, uncovered, 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 10-15 minutes before slicing. In a small saucepan, heat the sauce ingredients until smooth. Serve with roast. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/4 cups sauce).
3 ounces cooked pork with 5 teaspoons sauce equals 351 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC