- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/3 cup apple butter
- 1 cup red currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dried currants
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place walnuts in a food processor; cover and process until ground. Set aside.
- Cook the sausage, apple and garlic over medium heat in a large skillet until meat is no longer pink. Drain; cool slightly. Stir in the ground walnuts, egg, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the roast to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open roast so it lies flat. Starting at the center, split each half of roast horizontally to within 1/2 in. of edge. Open halves so roast lies flat. Cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Remove plastic.
- Brush roast with apple butter; spoon sausage mixture over the top. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Tie with kitchen string at 2-in. intervals. Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. In a small saucepan, heat the sauce ingredients until smooth. Serve with roast. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/4 cups sauce).
Reviews for Stuffed Pork Loin with Currant Sauce
Sort By :
I served this roast for Christmas dinner and it was fantastic! I substituted pecans for the walnuts; otherwise I followed the recipe exactly. The current sauce is delicious!
This took a some work to prepare but was well worth it. It was a big hit at my Christmas Eve dinner.
We didn't have currant jelly and used cranberry sauce to replace currant sauce. Very delicious!
This is easy, and a perfect recipe to serve guests because it looks just like the photo.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >