Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
A while ago, my boyfriend requested stuffed chops with a different kind of filling. I came up with this version, which stems from a recipe for stuffed mushrooms. He raved about them for days.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices day-old white bread, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 to 1-1/2 inches thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the mushrooms, onions and celery in butter until vegetables are tender. Add the tomato, marjoram, garlic salt and pepper; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in bread cubes.
- 2. Cut a large pocket in the side of each chop. Stuff mushroom mixture into pockets. Place chops in an ungreased shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or meat is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Stuffed Pork Chops
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC