Stuffed Pork Chops with Gravy Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup seasoned stuffing croutons
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a skillet, saute celery and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Transfer to a bowl. Add croutons, milk, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper. Cut a pocket in each pork chop; fill with stuffing.
- 2. In a skillet, brown chops in remaining butter. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Pour broth into dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove chops and keep warm.
- 3. Pour the pan drippings into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into drippings. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the pork chops. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 339 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 744mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Stuffed Pork Chops with Gravy
"Excellent pork chops, stuffing is great. One tablespoon of cornstarch is plenty."
"This recipe is so good for two, but I've doubled and even tripled it with equally good results."