Stuffed Pork Chops with Gravy Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup seasoned stuffing croutons
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a skillet, saute celery and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Transfer to a bowl. Add croutons, milk, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper. Cut a pocket in each pork chop; fill with stuffing.
- 2. In a skillet, brown chops in remaining butter. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Pour broth into dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove chops and keep warm.
- 3. Pour the pan drippings into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into drippings. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the pork chops. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 339 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 744 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Stuffed Pork Chops with Gravy
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer