Stuffed Pork Chops with Gravy Recipe
"A savory stuffing and gravy make these chops nice enough for a birthday dinner or other special occasion," assures Shirley Itz of Fredericksburg, Texas. "It's usually just my husband and I enjoy these moist chops, but I've been known to triple the recipe when our grown children and their families come by for dinner."
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup seasoned stuffing croutons
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a skillet, saute celery and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Transfer to a bowl. Add croutons, milk, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper. Cut a pocket in each pork chop; fill with stuffing.
- In a skillet, brown chops in remaining butter. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Pour broth into dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove chops and keep warm.
- Pour the pan drippings into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into drippings. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the pork chops. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Pork Chops in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p10
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Stuffed Pork Chops with Gravy(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >