Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 pork loin chops (1-1/4 inches thick)
- In a skillet, saute celery leaves and onion in 1 tablespoon of butter until soft. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs, 1/3 cup broth and seasonings; mix well. Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing from the fat side almost to the bone. Spoon about 1/2 cup stuffing into each pocket. Secure with string or toothpicks.
- Melt remaining butter in a skillet. Brown the chops on both sides. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; pour remaining broth over the chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-5- minutes or until juices run clear. Remove string or toothpicks before serving. Thicken pan juices if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Stuffed Pork Chops(9)
Sort By :
These were great! My family loved them! I doubled the recipe and made four chops and 4x's the stuffing. Also, for the stuffing I used 1/2 Pepperidge Farm stuffing and 1/2 old bread! It was so good! This will definitely be a staple in my kitchen!
Wonderful! The entire family loved it! I made my own dry bread crumbs added dried cranberries and used chopped celery. The celery gave it a crunch I love. Chopped very small. Served with cinnamon and brown sugar apples! Yum! Of course I doubled all!
One of the best stuffed chop recipes I've tried/tasted! Will add to my recipe box for family favorites!
Made these tonight and will definitely make again! I did use 1c. bread crumbs. For a slightly "lower fat" version, use olive oil instead of butter. This recipe was simple, delicious, and there was not a crumb left at dinner! Thanks for sharing such an awesome recipe!
My family really enjoyed these pork chops, definitely making them again!
More Recipe Collections
- Birthday Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Side Dishes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >