Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices day-old white bread, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 to 1-1/2 inches thick and 7 ounces each)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the mushrooms, onions and celery in butter until vegetables are tender. Add the tomato, marjoram, garlic salt and pepper; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in bread cubes.
- Cut a large pocket in the side of each chop. Stuff mushroom mixture into pockets. Place chops in an ungreased shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or meat is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Stuffed Pork Chops(5)
Sort By :
Fantastic. We are a pork-loving family and thus very picky with our pork recipes! But we all loved this. We're not so into pork with fruit like so many recipes call for, so this fit the bill. I used Pork Loin Steaks that were only 3/4-inch thick, but they worked beautifully. Even my picky 6-yr old ate all the stuffing which was full of veggies. And the chops made their own sauce sort-of, which I spooned over our plates. Will make this lots.
Very tasty recipe. I didn't have thick cut pork chops so I substituted some pork loin that I pounded thin and stuffed like a taco and held together with toothpicks. It turned out very nice and I will be making this again for sure. Also, I don't think it's fair to give a recipe a low rating because someone is allergic to an ingredient either.
I was okay but it be because my husband was allergic to some ingredient. (
I made this, it was easy and very good. I used left over garlic bread for the bread pieces