Stuffed Pork Burgers Recipe
Having raised hogs in the past, I've served pork often and in a variety of ways. Everyone who has sampled these burgers agrees that they are the best.—Jean Smith, Monona, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground pork
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices red onion
- 8 thin slices tomato
- Prepared mustard
- 1. In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions and garlic powder in butter until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Crumble pork over mixture and mix well.
- 3. Shape into eight patties. Spoon mushroom mixture into the center of four patties to within 1/2-in. of edges. Top with remaining patties; pinch edges to seal.
- 4. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer, inserted in the meat, reads 160°. Serve on rolls with lettuce, onion, tomato and mustard. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC