Having raised hogs in the past, I've served pork often and in a variety of ways. Everyone who has sampled these burgers agrees that they are the best.—Jean Smith, Monona, Iowa
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground pork
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices red onion
- 8 thin slices tomato
- Prepared mustard
- In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions and garlic powder in butter until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Crumble pork over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into eight patties. Spoon mushroom mixture into the center of four patties to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with remaining patties; pinch edges to seal.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted in the meat reads 160°. Serve on rolls with lettuce, onion, tomato and mustard. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Pork Burgers in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p45
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Stuffed Pork Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review