Stuffed Pizza Recipe
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- MEAT FILLING:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1. For crust, dissolve sugar and yeast in water; set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Stir in yeast mixture and oil; mix until dough forms a ball. Knead on a lightly floured surface 6-8 minutes or until smooth. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, for filling, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and cool. Stir in the olives, mushrooms, spinach and cheese; set aside.
- 3. Punch dough down. Divide into two pieces, one slightly larger than the other. Roll out the larger piece into a 15-in. circle. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 12-in. deep-dish pizza pan. Cover with meat mixture.
- 4. Roll out remaining dough into a 12-in. circle; place over meat mixture. Crimp edges of crusts together to seal; gently press top crust onto meat filling. Cut a 1-in. slit in center of crust. Spread spaghetti sauce over top crust.
- 5. Bake at 475° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 348 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 1,139 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.