VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- MEAT FILLING:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- For crust, dissolve sugar and yeast in water; set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Stir in yeast mixture and oil; mix until dough forms a ball. Knead on a lightly floured surface 6-8 minutes or until smooth. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, for filling, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and cool. Stir in the olives, mushrooms, spinach and cheese; set aside.
- Punch dough down. Divide into two pieces, one slightly larger than the other. Roll out the larger piece into a 15-in. circle. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 12-in. deep-dish pizza pan. Cover with meat mixture.
- Roll out remaining dough into a 12-in. circle; place over meat mixture. Crimp edges of crusts together to seal; gently press top crust onto meat filling. Cut a 1-in. slit in center of crust. Spread spaghetti sauce over top crust.
- Bake at 475° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Pizza in Country Ground Beef 1993, p67
Reviews forStuffed Pizza
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review