Stuffed Peppers for Two Recipe
MY HUSBAND likes stuffed peppers, but my old recipe made too much. I devised this recipe to accommodate just the two of us. It helps to use a small-size casserole so the peppers won't tip over while baking. For color, I serve steamed carrots with the peppers, rounding out the meal perfectly. —Elaine Carpenter Horseshoe Bay, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 medium green peppers
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1. Cut tops off peppers and discard; remove seeds. Blanch peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside. In a bowl, combine beef, 1/4 cup of tomato sauce, rice, 2 tablespoons of cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and egg; mix well. Stuff the peppers; place in an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Pour the remaining tomato sauce over peppers. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and peppers are tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; return to the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 405 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 193 mg cholesterol, 1,277 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC