- 2 medium green peppers
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Cut tops off peppers and discard; remove seeds. Blanch peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside. In a bowl, combine beef, 1/4 cup tomato sauce, rice, 2 tablespoons cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and egg; mix well. Stuff the peppers; place in an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Pour the remaining tomato sauce over peppers. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and peppers are tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; return to the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Stuffed Peppers for Two
"Made these for dinner last night, and they were great!...only the rice was still a little hard...next time, think I will cook the rice first!"
"a bit dense for my like, but still pretty good... will try it again to see if a few modifications will help. Also, I added fresh garlic, which gave the beef good flavor."
"These were good. I browned the beef before baking. I did not use the Worcestershire sauce. These were easy to make. They are a great meal for a week night."
"Can't beat my mom's recipe, but I enjoyed these stuffed bell peppers and would certainly make them again."
"Turned out well, but a little salty. I'd recommend cutting the amount of salt in half. Otherwise really good, though."