- 2 medium green peppers
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cut tops off peppers and discard; remove seeds. Blanch peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside. In a bowl, combine beef, 1/4 cup of tomato sauce, rice, 2 tablespoons of cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and egg; mix well. Stuff the peppers; place in an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Pour the remaining tomato sauce over peppers. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and peppers are tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; return to the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Stuffed Peppers for Two
Sort By :
"Really good, will add this again..drew a blank on what to serve with it..finally realized mashed potatoes and corn would be great"
"So good thank you we will use this recipe often!!!"
"This was real yummy!"
"These are very good. I did make my own tomatoe sauce, take a 14oz can of stewed tomatoes and add a little tomatoe juice and blend with stick blender works great. Did not blanch the peppers used more sauce so they steamed . Will make again cover and cook until meat is 165 use all the tomato sauce"