Truly a meal in one, this entree has it all: vegetables, meat, pasta and sauce, all packed into tender peppers and baked. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 medium green peppers
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend, thawed and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds; replace tops. Place in an ungreased shallow round 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package directions. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain orzo; stir into meat mixture. Add the spaghetti sauce, vegetables and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Spoon into peppers. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Peppers for Four in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p7
Reviews for Stuffed Peppers for Four
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review