- 4 medium green peppers
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend, thawed and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds; replace tops. Place in an ungreased shallow round 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package directions. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain orzo; stir into meat mixture. Add the spaghetti sauce, vegetables and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Spoon into peppers. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Stuffed Peppers for Four
Sort By :
"I don't care for stuffed peppers but I made this for my husband and he loved it. I'm giving it 5 stars because he liked it so much that he asked me how to make it. He now makes it for himself, since we work opposite shifts."
"I used ground turkey and red bell peppers because they were on sale. It was wonderful."
"I made this for dinner last night. It was great! I added the salt and pepper as suggested and added some leftover veggies I had instead of the ones suggested...much easier than chopping the others. I blanched the peppers before stuffing them and then baked them in the oven vs the microwave. I also used colby jack cheese since I didn't have the parma. cheese. Nice change from the rice stuffed peppers I used before. I used 4 very large peppers, so I had just enough filling. The only change I'd make would to be to add a bit more seasoning. Not sure what, but it is open for experimenting."
"better than the recipe I've used for 25 years."