Stuffed Peppers for Four
Truly a meal in one, this entree has it all: vegetables, meat, pasta and sauce, all packed into tender peppers and baked. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium green peppers
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend, thawed and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds; replace tops. Place in an
- ungreased shallow round 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover
- and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package directions. In a large
- skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink; drain. Drain orzo; stir into meat mixture. Add the
- spaghetti sauce, vegetables and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Spoon into peppers. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 4 servings.