- 4 medium green peppers
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend, thawed and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds; replace tops. Place in an ungreased shallow round 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package directions. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain orzo; stir into meat mixture. Add the spaghetti sauce, vegetables and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Spoon into peppers. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Stuffed Peppers for Four
Sort By :
I don't care for stuffed peppers but I made this for my husband and he loved it. I'm giving it 5 stars because he liked it so much that he asked me how to make it. He now makes it for himself, since we work opposite shifts.
I used ground turkey and red bell peppers because they were on sale. It was wonderful.
I made this for dinner last night. It was great! I added the salt and pepper as suggested and added some leftover veggies I had instead of the ones suggested...much easier than chopping the others. I blanched the peppers before stuffing them and then baked them in the oven vs the microwave. I also used colby jack cheese since I didn't have the parma. cheese. Nice change from the rice stuffed peppers I used before. I used 4 very large peppers, so I had just enough filling. The only change I'd make would to be to add a bit more seasoning. Not sure what, but it is open for experimenting.
better than the recipe I've used for 25 years.