Stuffed Pepper Soup
Some of us cooks at the restaurant where I work were talking about stuffed peppers and decided to stir up similar ingredients for a soup. Customer response was overwhelming to our creation! —Hoss's Steak and Sea House, Krista Muddiman, Meadville, Pennsylvania
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 quarts water
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups chopped green peppers
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until peppers are
- tender. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 248 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 1,158 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.