Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain and wild rice
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 cups frozen chopped green peppers, thawed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) chunky tomato pasta sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) beef broth
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the beef, green peppers and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pasta sauce, tomatoes, broth and prepared rice; heat through. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Stuffed Pepper Soup(18)
Sort By :
Instead of using the packaged rice mix I used about 2 cups leftover white rice , otherwise I followed the recipe as written. It was excellent!
This is such a quick recipe to make - all the flavor of stuffed peppers without the fuss!
This is one WONDERFUL soup! My family has declared it a YES meal!
I made this with soy crumbles instead of meat for a healthy alternative. I used Yves soy crumbles. I'll definitely make this again; my husband and I both loved it!
Thought I had everything I needed before I started this recipe but realized I was out of spaghetti sauce. However, after rummaging around I found a jar of Pace Picante sauce and used that. Oh my goodness, was it ever good!!!!! Plan to make it again and again and double the recipe for a freezer staple.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Pepper Soup >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Soup Recipes >