Stuffed Pasta Shells
These savory shells never fail to make a big impression, even though the recipe is very easy. One or two of these shells makes a great individual serving at a potluck, so a single batch goes a long way.
—Jena Coffey, St. Louis, Missouri
12-14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 package (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Combine cheeses and spinach; stuff into shells. Arrange in a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour spaghetti sauce over the shells.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 273 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 456 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.