“I created this recipe with things I had in my fridge. Now it’s one of our party-time favorites. We fix them all the time with different kinds of cream cheese, but I never seem to make enough!” Tara Sturgeon - Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota
- 2 pounds whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 4 ounces imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 dash pepper
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop 1/4 cup (discard remaining stems or save for another use); set caps aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the chopped mushroom stems, crab, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Spoon about 2 teaspoons into each mushroom cap.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: about 4 dozen appetizers.
Originally published as Stuffed Party Mushrooms in Simple & Delicious September/October 2009, p47
Reviews for Stuffed Party Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2013
"I made these for Christmas Eve - REALLY good. I used reduced fat cheese and low-fat mayo. My daughter did the stuffing and we forgot to top with cheese before baking and that was just fine."