Stuffed Party Mushrooms Recipe
“I created this recipe with things I had in my fridge. Now it’s one of our party-time favorites. We fix them all the time with different kinds of cream cheese, but I never seem to make enough!” Tara Sturgeon - Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 55 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:50 servings
- 2 pounds whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 4 ounces imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 dash pepper
- 1. Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop 1/4 cup (discard remaining stems or save for another use); set caps aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the chopped mushroom stems, crab, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Spoon about 2 teaspoons into each mushroom cap.
- 3. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: about 4 dozen appetizers.
1 mushroom equals 30 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC