- 2 pounds whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 4 ounces imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 dash pepper
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop 1/4 cup (discard remaining stems or save for another use); set caps aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the chopped mushroom stems, crab, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Spoon about 2 teaspoons into each mushroom cap.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: about 4 dozen appetizers.
Reviews for Stuffed Party Mushrooms
Sort By :
"Just made these, In the oven baking right now....I tasted the mix before I baked them....WOW.....Did put a little spin on them, added in the mixture, I substituted tablespoon miracle whip, and table spoon, Deans Sriracha Spicy Thai Chili Dip, added the right amount of flavor, also chopped green onion and mixed.....I AM A MUSHROOM LOVER.......YUMMMMMMM"
"I made these for Christmas Eve - REALLY good. I used reduced fat cheese and low-fat mayo. My daughter did the stuffing and we forgot to top with cheese before baking and that was just fine."