Visit the olive bar in your supermarket and put a new twist on cod in this simple high-protein, low-fat entree that’s a weeknight lifesaver. — Tria Olsen, Queen Creek, Arizona
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup garlic-stuffed olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive juice
- Place fillets in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with oregano and salt; top with lemon and shallot.
- Scatter olives around fish; add water and olive juice. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat to low; gently cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or
- until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 163 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 598 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 4 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot