Stuffed-Olive Cod Recipe
Visit the olive bar in your supermarket and put a new twist on cod in this simple high-protein, low-fat entree that’s a weeknight lifesaver. — Tria Olsen, Queen Creek, Arizona
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup garlic-stuffed olives, halved
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive juice
- Place fillets in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with oregano and salt; top with lemon and shallot.
- Scatter olives around fish; add water and olive juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed-Olive Cod in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012, p39
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Stuffed-Olive Cod(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >