- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup garlic-stuffed olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive juice
- Place fillets in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with oregano and salt; top with lemon and shallot.
- Scatter olives around fish; add water and olive juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Stuffed-Olive Cod
"Very good. I had pimento stuffed olives. I rarely use a non-stick skillet. Sprayed my cast iron skillet with veggie oil spray. Will make this again. Thanks!"
"Sounds good to me and I love Cod cooked anyway. One way is to put in a baking dish, with a pat of butter per piece and pour in a white wine like Chablis to nearly cover. cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until it flakes. Also, if Teflon is so dangerous why is it on the market since no one cooks below 212 degrees, the boiling point. No frying, or any type of cooking could be used."
"This recipe looks delicious. However, I believe the latest safety information regarding "non-stick" skillets (the Teflon kind, anyway) is that it is not recommended to ever use these pans on high heat ? therefore, no boiling in them. The lady who used the glass baking dish is cooking far more safely. Non-stick pans (except the totally ceramic kind - not ceramic over metal) can emit toxic fumes when heated to high temperatures. I know of some families whose pet birds have died due to these toxic fumes. Cooking is fun! Let's keep it safe!"
"Excellent and low in calories."
"I made this recently for our supper but used Tilapia. My family LOVED it! This is a keeper. I assembled it in the morning before I left for work in a 9 x 13 glass dish. I used regular pimento stuffed olives and green onions which is what I had on hand. I also sprinkled on garlic powder. Covered with foil and baked in a 400 temp. oven for about 20-25 mins. Highly recommend this. Thanks!"