Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 16 to 18 large fresh whole mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- 3 ounces pepperoni or summer sausage, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Mince the stems. In a skillet over medium heat, saute stems, onion and garlic in butter until soft. Remove from the heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Firmly stuff into mushroom caps; place on a greased baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 159 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.