These scrumptious mushroom appetizers— from my grandmother's recipe— are perfect for serving at special-occasion dinners and birthdays.
- 16 to 18 large fresh whole mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- 3 ounces pepperoni or summer sausage, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Mince the stems. In a skillet over medium heat, saute stems, onion and garlic in butter until soft. Remove from the heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Firmly stuff into mushroom caps; place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Stuffed Mushrooms in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p23
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Stuffed Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review