Stuffed Mushroom Caps
"Our state is well-known for mushrooms," reports Pennsylvania field editor Cherie Sechrist of Red Lion. "This is a flavorful way to use them."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop; set caps aside. In a
- skillet, saute chopped mushrooms in butter until tender, about 6-8
- minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the bread crumbs, soup mix
- and almonds. Stuff firmly into mushroom caps.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with
- cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until
- tender. Yield: 2 dozen.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.