Stuffed Mountain Trout
You can substitute any whole fish in this recipe, but I like it best when it's made with fresh-caught trout from our local mountain streams. —Loretta Walters, Ogden, Utah
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 pan-dressed trout (10 to 11 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 teaspoons dill weed, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- Place trout in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1-1/2 teaspoons dill and
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper in the fish cavities and over outside
- of fish; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the
- parsley and remaining dill and lemon-pepper. Stir in bread crumbs;
- heat through. Sprinkle with remaining lemon juice; stir gently until
- moistened. Stuff into fish cavities.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 280 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 442 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,