Stuffed Mountain Trout Recipe
- 2 pan-dressed trout (10 to 11 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 teaspoons dill weed, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1. Place trout in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1-1/2 teaspoons dill and 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper in the fish cavities and over outside of fish; set aside.
- 2. In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the parsley and remaining dill and lemon-pepper. Stir in bread crumbs; heat through. Sprinkle with remaining lemon juice; stir gently until moistened. Stuff into fish cavities.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 280 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 442 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Stuffed Mountain Trout
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.