- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups dry bread crumbs, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Dash paprika
- 6 lamb loin chops (1-1/2 inches thick and 5 ounces each)
- Mint jelly, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in 1/2 cup bread crumbs, parsley and 1/4 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine the remaining bread crumbs and salt; add paprika.
- Cut a pocket in each chop by horizontally cutting almost to the bone; stuff with mushroom mixture. Dip chops in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Place in an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes. Turn chops over; bake 15 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with mint jelly if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Lamb Chops in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p120
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Stuffed Lamb Chops(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review