Cool cream cheese contrasts nicely with slightly spicy peppers in this simple recipe.Sandra Thorn, Sonora, California
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 jars (11-1/2 ounces each) whole jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Cut a slit along one side of each pepper. Remove seeds; rinse and
- dry. Fill the inside of each with about 2 teaspoons of cream cheese.
- Yield: about 20 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 127 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.