- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1-1/2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing almost to the bone. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chops on each side; cool slightly.
- In a bowl, mix onion, parsley, milk and seasonings. Add apple, corn and bread crumbs; toss to combine. Spoon into pork chops; place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix sauce ingredients; reserve half of the sauce for brushing. Pour remaining sauce over pork chops. Bake, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in stuffing reads 165°; brush occasionally with reserved sauce during the last 20 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Stuffed Iowa Chops
"A substantial dish with very little flavor. Edible, but I won't serve it again."
"It was okay."
"Very good! I made these tonight for dinner and will be making more very soon. The only change I made was using cornbread instead of regular bread crumbs for more flavor and a hint of sweetness."
"I prepared this recipe tonight and thought it was very good. I thought the stuffing was a little bland so will use a little less bread crumbs next time. Otherwise it was outstanding. My husband ate the whole huge pork chop. The sauce is excellent and gives the chops a good flavor. I served it with brown rice, applesauce, and fresh melon slices. I recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"I made this this morning, and had it for a late lunch. Very Tasty! I even had applesauce with it. All I can say is it is simple to make and makes an excellent meal. I used 5 chops. The sauce is delish, the stuffing delish, and the chops are moist."