- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1-1/2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, mix the first six ingredients; stir in apple, corn and bread crumbs.
- Cut a pocket in each chop by slicing almost to the bone. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil over medium heat. Remove from pan. When cool enough to handle, fill chops with bread crumb mixture. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix sauce ingredients. Pour half of the sauce over chops. Bake, uncovered, 55-65 minutes or pork is tender, basting chops occasionally with remaining sauce during the last 30 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Stuffed Iowa Chops
Sort By :
"I made this this morning, and had it for a late lunch. Very Tasty! I even had applesauce with it. All I can say is it is simple to make and makes an excellent meal. I used 5 chops. The sauce is delish, the stuffing delish, and the chops are moist."
"This was so delicious! The stuffing was quite a surprise, I had never combined corn, onions, and apples before...I'm so glad I just did it without questioning the unknown, it is incredibly good! I always bread my pork chops so they don't get dry, and the chops on sale at my store weren't thick enough to stuff, so I just overlapped the chops a bit and placed the stuffing in between. This stuffing would be good with any white meat, I think. Ohhhh, it was so good!!!! Thank you for a keeper recipe!!!"
"We do not like bone in chops so used boneless. Did not take as long to bake. Needed a little more liquid as it tended to be dry, but good."
"A simple alternative for the stuffing is just boxed turkey or chicken stuffing mix. Either way, 'Good Eats.'"
"VERY good. The stuffing is good and the sauce makes it!! I baked it on convection for 50 minutes."