Stuffed Iceberg Wedges Recipe
—Rosemarie Surwillo, Lake St. Louis, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:4-6 servings
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Salad dressing of your choice
- 1. Remove core from the head of lettuce. Carefully hollow out lettuce, leaving a 3/4-in. shell (save removed lettuce for another use).
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and curry powder. Add the cheese, ham, celery, parsley and pimientos; mix well. Spoon into lettuce shell. Tightly wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Cut into wedges. Serve with salad dressing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 200 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC