—Rosemarie Surwillo, Lake St. Louis, Missouri
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Remove core from the head of lettuce. Carefully hollow out lettuce, leaving a 3/4-in. shell (save removed lettuce for another use).
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and curry powder. Add the cheese, ham, celery, parsley and pimientos; mix well. Spoon into lettuce shell. Tightly wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Cut into wedges. Serve with salad dressing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Iceberg Wedges in Reminisce January/February 2006, p 48
Reviews for Stuffed Iceberg Wedges
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2010
"Very good and interestingly different. Next time I think I will increase the amount of curry powder because my family and I agreed that we could not really taste it."