- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Remove core from the head of lettuce. Carefully hollow out lettuce, leaving a 3/4-in. shell (save removed lettuce for another use).
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and curry powder. Add the cheese, ham, celery, parsley and pimientos; mix well. Spoon into lettuce shell. Tightly wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Cut into wedges. Serve with salad dressing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Iceberg Wedges in Reminisce January/February 2006, p 48
Reviews for Stuffed Iceberg Wedges
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2010
"Very good and interestingly different. Next time I think I will increase the amount of curry powder because my family and I agreed that we could not really taste it."