Stuffed Ham with Raisin Sauce Recipe
This impressive ham makes a great centerpiece for a holiday dinner, but I’ve served it most often for brunch. It always draws raves. –Jeanne Miller, Big Sky, Montana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours YIELD:12-14 servings
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups corn bread stuffing mix
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- RAISIN SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1. Using a sharp thin-bladed knife and beginning at one end of the ham, carefully cut a 2-1/2-in. circle about 6 in. deep; remove cutout. Cut a 1-1/2-in. slice from the end of removed piece; set aside.
- 2. Continue cutting a 2-1/2-in. tunnel halfway through ham, using a spoon to remove pieces of ham (save for another use). Repeat from opposite end of ham, cutting and removing ham until a tunnel has been cut through entire length of ham.
- 3. In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mix, pecans, parsley, egg substitute and mustard. Stir in onion. Stuff ham; cover end openings with reserved ham slices. Place in a shallow roasting pan.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/4 hours. In a small saucepan, combine honey and orange juice concentrate; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until blended. Brush over ham. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°.
- 5. For sauce, combine the brown sugar, flour, mustard and raisins in a saucepan. Gradually add water and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with ham. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 slice equals 454 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 2,234 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 39 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC