Stuffed Ham Slice Recipe
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup whole kernel corn
- 3 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced green pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 pounds fully cooked ham, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1. Saute onion in butter until tender; remove from the heat. Stir in bread crumbs, corn, celery, green pepper and poultry seasoning. Place half the ham slice in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; spread stuffing over ham. Top with remaining ham.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Brush top slices with honey; bake for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (5 ounces) equals 199 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 1,284 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer