Stuffed Ham Slice
Whenever I have leftover ham, my family know I'll be preparing these ham slices. They love the corn in the moist stuffing.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup whole kernel corn
- 3 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced green pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 pounds fully cooked ham, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Saute onion in butter until tender; remove from the heat. Stir in
- bread crumbs, corn, celery, green pepper and poultry seasoning.
- Place half the ham slice in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish;
- spread stuffing over ham. Top with remaining ham.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Brush top slices with
- honey; bake for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8
Editor's Note: Ask the butcher or deli to slice the ham for you.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (5 ounces) equals 199 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 1,284 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.