- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup whole kernel corn
- 3 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced green pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 pounds fully cooked ham, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Saute onion in butter until tender; remove from the heat. Stir in bread crumbs, corn, celery, green pepper and poultry seasoning. Place half the ham slice in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; spread stuffing over ham. Top with remaining ham.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Brush top slices with honey; bake for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Ham Slice in Country Pork 1996, p72
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Stuffed Ham Slice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review