Stuffed Ham Rolls Recipe
Need a break from turkey during the Thanksgiving holiday? These savory ham rolls are filled with stuffing and cheese, rolled in a tasty crumb coating and then cooked in a skillet.
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 fully cooked ham slices (1/8 inch thick)
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, boiling water and 2 teaspoons butter. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Top each ham slice with a cheese slice. Place 1/4 cup stuffing off-center over cheese. Roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, combine egg and water. In another shallow bowl, add bread crumbs. Dip ham rolls in egg mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- 3. In a large skillet, saute ham rolls in remaining butter for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 472 calories, 27g fat (16g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 1123mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein .
Reviews for Stuffed Ham Rolls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC