Stuffed Half-Pounders Recipe
We made these sandwiches in my high school home economics class back in the 1960s. Traditional toppings are cleverly tucked inside these plump burgers for a mouthful of wonderful flavor. - June Croft, Bay Minette, Alabama
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices onion
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 teaspoons sweet or dill pickle relish
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, salt and pepper; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight thin patties.
- Layer four patties with onion, tomato and relish. Top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Half-Pounders in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p116
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Stuffed Half-Pounders(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Burger Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Recipes >