Stuffed Haddock Recipe
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- 1 haddock, sole or cod fillet (about 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in crackers and enough water to hold mixture together. Cut a pocket into side of fillet; stuff with cracker mixture.
- 2. Place in a greased baking dish. Combine soup and sour cream; spread over fish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 303 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 561 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Reviews for Stuffed Haddock
"I spread mayo on the inside ,then I added salad shrimp to the filling. It was so rich you had to eat the whole thing."
"I used cream of mushroom soup instead of celery and it added a great flavor. I also used panko breadcrumbs with Italian seasoning instead of butter-flavored crackers. Great recipe!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.