I ENTERTAIN at least once a month. After I served this at a dinner party for eight, I decided to reduce the recipe to serve two. It turned out just as delicious. I cherish my recipes and don't often share them, but this one got so many requests I decided to send it in for Reminisce readers to enjoy. -Jeannette Wojtowicz, Buffalo, New York
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- 1 haddock, sole or cod fillet (about 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in crackers and enough water to hold mixture together. Cut a pocket into side of fillet; stuff with cracker mixture.
- Place in a greased baking dish. Combine soup and sour cream; spread over fish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Haddock in Reminisce Extra February 1999, p47
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Stuffed Haddock
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review