Stuffed Grilled Zucchini Recipe
- 4 medium zucchini
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells. Brush with 2 teaspoons oil; set aside. Chop pulp.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute pulp and onion in remaining oil. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Remove from the heat. Stir in the mozzarella cheese, mint and salt. Spoon into zucchini shells. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
2 stuffed zucchini halves (prepared with part-skim mozzarella) equals 186 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 553 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.