These zucchini boats taste great with pork chops, fish and other grilled meats. I've also made them in the oven on occasion. —Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
- 4 medium zucchini
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells. Brush with 2 teaspoons oil; set aside. Chop pulp.
- In a large skillet, saute pulp and onion in remaining oil. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the mozzarella cheese, mint and salt. Spoon into zucchini shells. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Grilled Zucchini in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p33
Reviews for Stuffed Grilled Zucchini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review