- 4 medium zucchini
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells. Brush with 2 teaspoons oil; set aside. Chop pulp.
- In a large skillet, saute pulp and onion in remaining oil. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the mozzarella cheese, mint and salt. Spoon into zucchini shells. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Stuffed Grilled Zucchini
"I thought these were okay, but not great. I think the mint gave a slightly odd flavor."
"This is fabulous and I like that it contains no meat. I did substitute basil for the mint. I also sauteed grape tomatoes and garlic, tossed with goat cheese and more basil and placed on the top. Soooo delicious. I hope that the creator of this recipe will not be offended by my additions as it is amazing o its own."
"Great bbq veggie option. Note: not all breadcrumbs are created equal, consider the sodium content before adding extra salt. I substituted italian seasoning for the mint (1/2 -1 tsp)"
"This is an excellent and healthy recipe! We halved it b/c there are only 2 of us, did not use the mint, and baked them at 350 b/c it was too windy to grill. I will absolutely be making these again soon!"
"Loved this recipe. I did omit the garlic as we are not fond of garlic. The mint added just an extra hint of flavor. This did take some time to assemble but my husband said it was worth MY effort. I put the zucchini in a dispoable foil pan on my gas grill."